There are plenty of difficult things (both big and small) in life, so I like to make things easier when I can. The other day I was pondering some of the things I do that make my life just a little easier. Here are 7 of them!
- I wash my hair just 2 times a week. I find that I can get away with washing my hair just 2 times a week. My pattern tends to be wash, wear it pulled back a day or so, straighten it, use a little dry shampoo, and then wash again. I save time and money by just shampooing and conditioning twice a week.
- I order my groceries online. Peapod is the service provided by Stop & Shop which allows customers to order groceries online and either pick up the ordered groceries or have them delivered. If you have a Stop & Shop in your area that provides the Peapod service you can use my link below to save $20 on your first order. http://peapod.extole.com/v2/share/6314317426887085773
- I use my dryer as an iron. Overall, I tend to purchase clothes that don’t wrinkle easily, but if I do need to iron something, I choose the dryer over then iron. I put my outfit in the dryer on low heat for 1o minutes or so, and the clothes come out ready to wear. I can make my breakfast, take a shower, or do a quick clean up while my dryer does the work.
- My kids ride the bus to and from school. There are many different reasons people choose to drop off and pick up their children at school. So far we have had positive bus experiences, so I choose to send my kids on the bus. I don’t have to wait for long periods of time in a drop off or pick up line, and my kids enjoy being with their friends!
- I menu plan. Menu planning before grocery shopping makes both the shopping and meal preparations much easier. I have been menu planning for many years, and I have found it to be very helpful in so many ways. You can find my post about reasons for menu planning here.
- I eat the same thing for lunch everyday. Eating the same thing for lunch everyday is a helpful way to make that time of the day much simpler. During the school year my 3 year old eats before me, and I always serve her yogurt and fruit or a simple sandwich. I always eat a salad. I know what I’m going to have each day, and I look forward to my healthy lunch.
- I assign chores for my children. My two oldest children have 3 chores that they need to complete each day. (My youngest tags along helping and learning as she goes.) Some chores need to be completed in the morning and some in the evening. I appreciate the help around the house and the skills they are developing. They appreciate the weekly allowance that comes with finishing their chores.
What about you? What do you do to make your life a little easier?
Until next time,