Sometimes you just need a simple meal. I might even argue that more than sometimes you just need a simple meal. Don’t shy away from meal planning because you think every meal has to be extravagant. A simple meal can still be tasty and enjoyable. I hope the following ideas inspire you to add a simple meal into your weekly menu.
Note: I will not be including serving size and amounts of ingredients needed for each meal. These meals are so simple that you will be able to determine (for example) how many pita pockets your family needs to sufficiently satisfy the rumbling bellies.
- Pita Pocket Pizza Ingredients: pita pockets, pizza sauce, pizza blend shredded cheese, various toppings of your choosing (pepperoni, peppers, onions, etc). Assemble pizzas and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Crock pot Chicken over Tortilla Chips Ingredients: chicken breasts, salsa, black beans, frozen corn, tortilla chips Place all the ingredients (except for the chips) in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Spread tortilla chips on your plate and cover with a scoop of chicken from the crock pot.
- Cheese Quesadillas Ingredients: tortilla wraps, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa Place a large handful of cheese in between two tortilla wraps. Warm/brown tortillas on griddle or in frying pan on low heat. Turn once to evenly brown both sides. Remove from griddle and cut into four triangles with a pizza cutter. Garnish with sour cream and salsa.
- Baked Pasta Ingredients: pasta of your choice, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese Cook pasta according to box leaving it more firm than done. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add pasta sauce to pot and mix with the pasta. Pour pasta and sauce into a 13×9 pan. Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- “Snacky” dinner Ingredients: whatever fruit, veggies, cheese and crackers you have Prepare ingredients and place on plate. Beyond easy!
There you have it, 5 simple meals. Maybe you can choose one tonight!
What about you? What are some of your favorite simple meals?
Until next time,